1. Alex Cross – A misbegotten abomination that takes author James Patterson’s character and subsequently does little of note or merit with him. An extended Chrysler commercial masquerading as a major motion picture.
3. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter – Visual ingenuity aside, Timur Bekmambetov’s adaptation of the revered Seth Grahame-Smith graphic novel is an unfocused, undisciplined nonsensical mess impossible to enjoy.
6. Red Dawn – Misbegotten remake of the cult 1984 John Milius favorite that hasn’t the first clue as to what it wants to do, what its themes are or what to make of itself. A lost cause right from the word, “Wolverine!”
8. Total Recall – Another remake of a popular favorite, this failed reboot is an action-heavy mess that goes through the motions of aping everything from The Bourne Identity to Minority Report showing little to no imagination of its own. Philip K. Dick is rolling over in his grave.
9. Act of Valor – Real life Navy SEALs prove that just because you look the part (and, in all fairness, really ARE the part) doesn’t mean you can act it out in this silly, horribly written potpourri of action clichés that would make Chuck Norris blush with shame.
10. Won’t Back Down – Gifted actresses Maggie Gyllenhaal, Viola Davis and Holly Hunter are left stranded in a monstrously didactic melodrama purportedly about the educational system but is instead nothing more than a union-bashing commercial for Charter Schools.